Here are some useful tools for students (and others). Click the links to explore or download (as the case may be):
Assignment Guides and Rubrics
- A Guide for Group Book Presentations 14kb PDF
- How to Observe a Worship Service (A Guide for Sociologists) 398kb PDF
- A Rubric for Congregation Visit Reports 397kb PDF
- A Guide for Interviewing Religious Specialists 421kb PDF
- A Rubric for Religious Specialist Interview Reports 136kb PDF
- A Guide and Rubric for Contemporary Issue Reports (To Be Added)
Useful Documents for Many Courses
- How to Write an Interview Protocol (a Creative Commons guide) 81kb PDF
- How Many Interview Subjects Do I Need? (a Creative Commons guide) 43kb PDF
- Rules for Writing (a guide for Jim Spickard’s classes) 183kb PDF file
Links to Outside Resources
- Redlands is home to nearly 60 religious groups; the surrounding communities host many more. I have constructed a map of these congregations HERE. Please feel free to send additions, edits, and so on.
- Website for our textbook: Religion: the Social Context, by Meredith McGuire, with suggested readings for each chapter, a glossary of key terms, and more.
About Blog Posts
- You can find a guide to writing blog posts for this course HERE.